Shure has been known for years as a company that makes high-end earphones, but that image might change slightly with these three over-the-models. The cans start out at $199 for the SRH840 Professional Monitoring Headphones designed for reference quality frequency response. The $99 mid-level SRH440 are designed to be more portable with a collapsible design. Lastly are the previously announced $59 SRH240 headphones that are, well, less expensive and likely not nearly as good as its big brothers, but are still probably better than most other options at that price point. The two higher price models are available now from retailers, while the SRH240 should be available shortly.[PSGallery=93514a2611]
SHURE INTRODUCES PROFESSIONAL HEADPHONES FOR STUDIO AND HOME RECORDING
New SRH840, SRH440, and SRH240 Offer Unparalleled Audio Performance, Comfort, and Durability
NILES, IL, July 20, 2009 – /PRNewswire/ — Shure Incorporated today introduced three new professional headphone models, the Company’s first over-the-ear headphones designed specifically for studio applications. The SRH840, SRH440, and SRH240 join Shure’s lineup of professional and home recording equipment, including the recently introduced X2u, XLR-to-USB Signal Adapter and PG27USBand PG42USB Side Address Condenser Microphones to offer a complete recording package for studio engineers, musicians, and home recordists. Building on more than 84 years of delivering premium audio experiences, Shure’s Professional Headphones offer unparalleled audio quality, ergonomics, and durability.
Traditionally, the market for professional headphones has been limited to recording studios and production houses. However, the proliferation of portable listening devices, user-generated content, and home recording studios has increased demand for affordable, professional quality recording gear. Shure Professional Headphones achieve a masterful balance between comfort, durability, and rich lows, warm mids, and crisp highs. The SRH840, SRH440, and SRH240 each have a unique sound signature, and offer home recordists, performing artists, and studio engineers premium sound quality for a variety of uses – from active listening to critical monitoring.
“Recording engineers need three critical things: flat, natural audio reproduction, comfort during extended wear, and gear that can stand up to the rigors of everyday use. To perfect those attributes, we combined Shure’s legacy of working with sound engineers and recording artists with the depth of experience we gained with our consumer line of Sound Isolating™ Earphones,” said Scott Sullivan, Shure’s Senior Director of Global Product Management. “Our new Professional Headphones represent the next step in Shure’s recording story – one that engages professional and amateur recordists.”
Shure’s Professional Headphones’ closed-back, circumaural design maximizes comfort during extended wear. Additional features include:
- SRH840 Professional Monitoring Headphones – Optimized for studio recording and critical listening, the SRH840 features reference-quality frequency response, rich bass, clear mid-range, and extended highs. The model’s ergonomic fit and collapsible construction offer added comfort and portability.
- SRH440 Professional Studio Headphones – Tuned to deliver accurate audio reproduction, the SRH440 is optimized for professional audio equipment, including DJ mixers, mixing consoles, and headphone amplifiers. The adjustable headband and collapsible construction make the SRH440 ideal for recording and monitoring.
- SRH240 Professional Quality Headphones – Calibrated for connection to consumer listening devices and professional equipment such as mixing consoles, the SRH240 reproduces full bass with detailed highs.
Pricing and Availability
- SRH840: $199.99 retail [$250.00 MSRP]
- SRH440: $99.99 retail [$125.00 MSRP]
- SRH240: $59.99 retail [$75.00 MSRP]
Shure Professional Headphones will be available to consumers this summer and will carry a two-year limited warranty. The headphones will be available for purchase through www.shure.com and select retailers. For a complete list of where Shure products are sold, please visit www.shure.com.